WLCU World President Albert Matta Bio (Albert Matta Website)
- Albert Elias Matta, born in 1938, in Bhamdoun EI-Mhatta - Lebanon
- Married to Dr. Claire Nakhle Hanna, with one daughter Mrs. Samar, wife of Engineer Antoine Kanaan .
- Holder of a Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering issued from the American University of Beirut (AUB. 1962).
- Holder of a Master Degree in Geographical Engineering issued from Delft University (Holland, 1965),
- Held the position of "Assistant General Director" at the "Directorate-General of Geographical Affairs" in Lebanon (1963 - 1969) .
- Initiated his Constructional and Engineering activities in Abu Dhabi as a Contractor and a Consultant, and invested in a number of hotels and apartments throughout the United Arab Emirates.
- He has numerous accommodation and residential investments in Sharjah, Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Lebanon and France.
- He played a major pioneering and motivating role in promoting tourism through his touristic institutions.
- He is responsible for vast Constructional, Tourist and Engineering accomplishments in Lebanon .
- He is the Dean of the Lebanese Community in Abu Dhabi.
- He is the President of the "Lebanese Business Council" in Abu Dhabi .
- He is the President of the "World Lebanese Cultural Union" (2010)
- He is a member of "Abu Dhabi Council for Economic Development".
He is the Holder of:
- Order of Lebanese Cedar, with a Knight's rank. granted by President El Hrawi (1998).
- Order of Lebanese Silver Palm, Granted by President Emile Lahoud (2002).
- National French Order of Merit with a Knight rank, Granted by President Jacques Chirac.